Scott is a Wealth Management Director at Lightship and brings more than 25 years of investment and financial planning experience to the firm. He primarily works with individuals, families, and family-owned businesses on diverse, high-level investment management strategies, estate planning, tax planning issues, and insurance and risk management.
Prior to joining Lightship, Scott spent the majority of his professional career working at Commonwealth Financial Network®, the independent broker/dealer with which Lightship Wealth Strategies, Inc. is affiliated. While at Commonwealth, Scott managed the advanced planning, investment management, insurance/risk management, and retirement planning departments while also providing oversight and strategic direction. He has written and published many financial articles and was a columnist for Financial Advisor Magazine, Registered REP Magazine, On Wall Street, ThinkAdvisor, and Boomer Magazine.
Scott lives in Dover with his wife and three children: Beck, Luke, and Grayson. He is a member of the Perkins School for the Blind Business Partnership Board and the Dover Historical Society. He is most proud of his family’s charitable work for Children’s Brain Tumor Research, the PLGA Foundation, and the Dana-Farber Pediatric Oncology Department.
Scott graduated from Franklin Pierce University and his industry honors include:
- 2018 Fidelity Investments Advisory Council
- Qualified for Commonwealth Financial Network’s President Club since 2015-present
- Recipient of the 2011 Commonwealth Special Service Award. This is awarded to one financial advisor (with the 2,200 affiliated with Commonwealth) per year for the philanthropy work
- Honored with Commonwealth Financial Network in the 2017 Invest in Others Charitable Foundation for his establishment and involvement in the Chemo Caps program at Commonwealth Financial Network®. ~ A charitable organization that helped supply handmade hats to children battling pediatrics cancer hospitals
- Named as a Five Star Wealth Manager* since 2014
Licenses and Certifications:
- FINRA Series 6,7,63, and 65 securities registrations as an Investment Adviser Representative of Commonwealth Financial Network®
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) professional designation awarded by the Center for Fiduciary Studies
Five Star Wealth Manager
Based on 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria, including a minimum of 5 years as an active credentialed financial professional, favorable regulatory and complaint history, accepts new clients, client retention rates, client assets administered, education, and professional designations. 1,707 Boston wealth managers were considered for the award; 655 (39 percent of candidates) were named 2014 Five Star Wealth Managers. (The criteria provided reflect the most recent year for which advisor received the award. The criteria used, the number of wealth managers considered for the award, and the percentage of those who receive the award may vary from year to year). These awards are not indicative of the wealth managers’ future performance. Your experiences may vary. For more information, please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com.