Scott is a Wealth Management Director at Lightship and brings more than 25 years of investment and financial planning experience to the firm. He primarily works with individuals, families, and family-owned businesses on diverse, high-level investment management strategies, estate planning, tax planning issues, and insurance and risk management.
Prior to joining Lightship, Scott spent the majority of his professional career working at Commonwealth Financial Network®, the independent broker/dealer with which Lightship Wealth Strategies, Inc. is affiliated. While at Commonwealth, Scott managed the advanced planning, investment management, insurance/risk management, and retirement planning departments while also providing oversight and strategic direction. He has written and published many financial articles and was a columnist for Financial Advisor Magazine, Registered REP Magazine, On Wall Street, ThinkAdvisor, and Boomer Magazine.
Scott lives in Dover with his wife and three children: Beck, Luke, and Grayson. He is a member of the Perkins School for the Blind Business Partnership Board and the Dover Historical Society. He is most proud of his family’s charitable work for Children’s Brain Tumor Research, the PLGA Foundation, and the Dana-Farber Pediatric Oncology Department.
Scott graduated from Franklin Pierce University and his industry honors include:
- Recognized for his excellence and success on the Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors list for 2022 and 2023
- 2018 Fidelity Investments Advisory Council
- Qualified for Commonwealth Financial Network’s President Club since 2015-present
- Recipient of the 2011 Commonwealth Special Service Award. This is awarded to one financial advisor (with the 2,200 affiliated with Commonwealth) per year for the philanthropy work
- Honored with Commonwealth Financial Network in the 2017 Invest in Others Charitable Foundation for his establishment and involvement in the Chemo Caps program at Commonwealth Financial Network®. ~ A charitable organization that helped supply handmade hats to children battling pediatrics cancer hospitals
- Named as a Five Star Wealth Manager since 2014
Licenses and Certifications:
- FINRA Series 6,7,63, and 65 securities registrations as an Investment Adviser Representative of Commonwealth Financial Network®
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) professional designation awarded by the Center for Fiduciary Studies
Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors
2023 Forbes Best In State Wealth Advisors, created by SHOOK Research. Presented in April 2023 based on data gathered from June 2021 to June 2022. 22,243 were considered, 7,321 advisors were recognized. Not indicative of advisor’s future performance. Your experience may vary. Click here for more award information.
Five Star Wealth Manager
2014 Five Star Wealth Manager Award, created by Five Star Professional. Presented in March, 2014 based on data gathered within 12 months preceding the issue date. 1,707 advisors were considered, 655 advisors were recognized. Advisors pay a fee to hold out marketing materials. Not indicative of advisor’s future performance. Your experience may vary. For more information, please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com.