We want to take time to thank you for your business, partnership and especially your friendship. We deeply appreciate the trust you have placed in us, in helping you work toward achieving your personal, professional and financial goals. We are grateful, and to this end, we’d like to honor you in some way.
Each year as we reflect on our blessings, we also like to take the time to reflect on those less fortunate. In lieu of sending holiday cards and treats, we choose to make contributions to wonderful charities.
Our donation, on your behalf, supports these world class institutions with research, hands on clinical care, education, and health and wellness programs within our communities. Both are dedicated to ensuring that people get help, and they count on us to ensure that they can continue to provide these services.
Homelessness remains a bewilderingly complex public health challenge that has long thwarted simple solutions. Boston Health Care for the Homeless provides integrated medical, behavioral, and oral health care, as well as preventive services, to more than 11,000 homeless people in greater Boston. They have established a public health framework that is paying dividends globally, toward the elimination of health disparities suffered by this vulnerable population. This year our gift will help support the cost of over the counter medications and supplies for more than 150 homeless men and women.
Joslin Diabetes Center’s mission is to prevent, treat and cure diabetes through its work here in Boston. Their vision is a world free of diabetes and its complications. Diabetes has touched our lives, along with many of your families. A world free of diabetes is achievable in our lifetimes, thanks to the innovation coming from Joslin and its connections around the world.
In 2016, we gave ourselves a challenge to give back, in a bigger way. Lightship committed to participating in continuous 52 weeks of giving, whereby each of us pledged to do something, somehow, someway, to make our community better. To that end, we would like to share a few of the causes we helped.
Your friends at Lightship Wealth Strategies, Inc.
Causes we have helped
- American Red Cross
- Art beCAUSE Breast Cancer Foundation
- Boston Brain Tumor Walk & Fun Run
- Boston Health Care for the Homeless Sock Drive
- Catholic Charities food pantry
- City to Shore charity bike ride for Multiple Sclerosis
- Coats and Clothing donation to children of Chelsea
- Collected toys for the Melo Boston Children’s Hospital
- Collecting new socks/mittens and gloves this December
- Raised $30,000+ in two weeks for friend in need who lost her husband and has a child with with brain cancer.
- Crossroads for Kids, assembling camp care packages
- Donated Dunkin Donuts gift cards to Boston Health Care for the Homeless
- Volunteered at Community Harvest Project in Harvard
- Volunteering at the West End House Boys & Girls Club
- Weymouth Food Pantry
- Wrote letters to soldiers for Building Impact
- Donated to Hole in the Wall Gang
- Worked with Bikes not Bombs
- Donated workout clothes/sneakers to the Boys/Girls Club of Lynn to give to inner city girls in need of appropriate athletic attire
- Ethos - Valentines for the elderly and the disabled
- ‘Grow Some Good’ at the nonprofit Lokelani Intermediate School community program
- Hanover Food Pantry
- Haymakers for Hope Cancer sponsor
- Made and delivered Easter Baskets for a local families with children in need of support
- Mass General Hospital Teddy bear drive
- Melrose Firefighters Relief Fund sponsor
- Multiple locations for the Habitat for Humanity
- Nantucket community sailing giving back programs
- Needham Food Pantry food donations
- New England Disabled Sports volunteer
- PLGA Foundation for pediatric brain tumors fund drive
- Ran and sponsored the Perkins School for the Blind Easter Egg Hunt
- Rosie’s Place volunteer
- Volunteered at MSES to teach 5th graders about business and investments
- Needham Food Pantry